Description of demountable wall systems
Do you need to reconfigure your current workspace? Your business is growing and your current space is struggling to meet changing requirements. You just don’t have the time to deal with the business interruption brought about by traditional construction methods? Wouldn’t you like to present an office space with a more modern up to date look to your clients? Skyfold knows that business owners and facility managers are increasingly more conscious about space issues and creating a professional work environment. That is why Skyfold came up with the wall system to solve all your interior office partition needs. Our demountable wall system solutions are considered to be some of the best on the market. A simple turn of a key and the wall system appears like magic.
The Skyfold range of demountable wall systems provide a sophisticated and modern feel to the office environment creating a stimulating working area. With a range of glazed and solid wall options the potential to create stunning office spaces is almost limitless. Due to the fact that the components that make up the demountable wall system can be reused, the partitioning system is also kind to the environment.
From offices to schools, universities and other spaces both large and small can benefit from a simple and cost effective demountable wall system from Skyfold.
Why choose our demountable wall systems?
Our modern demountable wall systems will outlast conventional wall systems. The panels that make up our wall systems do not experience the usual wear and tear as they are never handled during operation. The load generated by a Skyfold demountable wall system is static and requires less structural steel than a conventional demountable wall system because the load does not shift to one end of the building when stored. The demountable wall system requires no floor tracks, no wall storage pockets or closets, thereby eliminating the need for unsightly pocket doors. There are no visible hinges on a Skyfold’s demountable wall systems.
A few Safety Features of demountable wall systems
Safety is paramount on all the Skyfold demountable wall systems.
- The demountable wall systems are operated by two spring return key switches wired in series and operated simultaneously. Hand pressure must be maintained in order to operate the demountable wall systems. When hand pressure is removed, the demountable wall system immediately stops in a quick and positive fashion without coasting.
- As a normal part of the operation, it is possible to partially open (or close) the demountable wall systems, stop it and then reverse the operation.
- When one of the keys is released, the demountable wall system stops immediately, without coasting.
- The gear motor that powers the entire demountable wall systems is a heavy-duty, sealed, industrial motor designed for hundreds of stops and starts an hour. It is rated for service several orders of magnitude more rigorous than the service it experiences on a Skyfold demountable wall system.
- Separate from the gear motor assembly is a closed loop hydraulic checking device powered by the line shaft itself. When the demountable wall systems are travelling downwards, the hydraulic checking device builds up a certain hydraulic pressure that is dependent on wall travel speed. In normal operation, this pressure is very low and this checking device offers no appreciable braking force on the demountable wall systems. If, at any time, the wall speed is substantially greater than normal, this checking device offers sufficient braking force to lower the demountable wall system at a speed no greater than 150% of normal operating speed.
Advantages of demountable wall systemsOur innovative demountable wall systems provide:
- Quite, effortless, turnkey operation – no manual labor is required to use our demountable wall systems.
- Rigid wall panels fold vertically into the ceiling for storage saving valuable floor space
- No unsightly side storage pockets are needed for our demountable wall systems
- Each demountable wall system is custom manufactured
- Our demountable wall systems allow you to re-configure your space in just minutes
Additionally demountable wall systems can provide instant drama and visual interest once deployed from their ceiling storage cavity. Skyfold’s demountable wall systems are available in virtually any finish including laminates, wood veneers, vinyl, stainless steel or even transparent materials like clear laminated glass.
Also known as Floating Wall System, Motorized Wall Systems, Temporary Partition Wall, Glass Folding Partition, Stacking Glass Walls, Demountable Partition Wall, Sound Proof Room Dividers, Movable Glass Wall System, Partition Divider Screen, Retractable Glass Walls, Operable Walls Partitions, Acoustical Rating, Operable Wall Systems, Modular Partition Walls, Retractable Walls, Retractable Wall Systems, Movable Partitions, Operable Wall, Partition Walls, Folding Room Dividers, Lift Walls, Operable Walls, Panel Room Divider, Glass Wall Systems, Modular Wall System, Folding Partitions, Modular Wall Systems, Folding Walls.