Introduction to Skyfold movable walls
Skyfold’s exclusive line of movable walls provides a unique way to subdivide space. Our custom built movable walls are completely automatic and retract into a ceiling cavity with a simple turnkey operation. Skyfold’s movable walls are designed for large openings. Our movable walls meet the most challenging architectural specifications.
Why choose our movable walls?
Our modern movable walls will outlast conventional wall systems. The panels that make up our movable walls do not experience the usual wear and tear as they are never handled during operation. The load generated by a Skyfold movable wall is static and requires less structural steel than a conventional movable wall because the load does not shift to one end of the building when stored. The movable wall requires no floor tracks, no wall storage pockets or closets, thereby eliminating the need for unsightly pocket doors. There are no visible hinges on a Skyfold’s movable wall.
Some advantages of the movable walls
Our state-of-the-art interior movable wall provides:
- Quiet, effortless turnkey operation – no manual labor required.
- Rigid wall folds vertically into the ceiling for storage, saving valuable floor space
- No side storage pockets required
- Custom manufactured
- Panel inserts can be anything up to 15/8 inches thick (41 mm)
- Built-in infrared safety system
- Glass available in a variety of finishes, including
- Clear laminated glass
- Frosted glass
- Privacy glass
Some additional features of the movable walls
The movable wall is equipped with an optical sensor, which cuts power to the lifting equipment if an object or person passes between the emitter and receiver. Regular operation of the movable wall is resumed once the key switch has been released and the direction of the wall has been reversed and the obstruction removed.
The internal skeleton of the movable wall consists of a series of lifting mechanisms or pantographs that are made of structural grade aluminum and steel. For greater longevity and silent operation, all mechanical pivot points of the movable walls are made of high strength bolts or pins on plastic bushings. Aircraft-grade wire cable or cables, of the highest strength and quality, pass through the mechanisms and fold and unfold the mechanisms.
Fixed brush and sweep seals close the gap between the wall track and the pantographs (lifting mechanisms) of the movable walls, thus providing a visual barrier while flexible bulb seals close the gap between the floor and bottom panel on all movable walls.
The Skyfold mirage movable walls can be installed with fixed ceiling height of up to 24’-0”. There is no practical limit to how long (wide) Skyfold Mirage can be.
The movable walls are equipped with a sealed, heavy-duty gear motor that powers the entire system. This lifting motor is designed for hundreds of stops and starts an hour and is rated for service several orders of magnitude more severe than the service it experiences on the Skyfold Mirage movable walls.
From offices to schools, universities and other spaces both large and small can benefit from a simple and cost effective movable wall from Skyfold.
Choose from the following movable wall
- Skyfold® Classic™ enables you to reconfigure any room with a simple turnkey operation, often in less than two minutes! These custom-manufactured, completely automatic, movable walls are exceptionally lightweight and are available in a variety of finishes, configurations, and combinations. They have exceptional acoustical ratings and are ideal for stepped or sloped floors
- Skyfold Zenith® enables you to reconfigure any room with a simple turnkey operation, often in less than two minutes! These custom-manufactured, completely automatic, temporary partition walls are exceptionally lightweight and are available in a variety of finishes, configurations, and combinations. Skyfold Zenith is similar to our Classic series except with the benefit of a thinner path-of-travel allowing for furniture and other obstructions to be closer to the wall.
- Skyfold Mirage® are innovative glass movable walls for interior applications that enables you to reconfigure any room with a simple turnkey operation, often in less than two minutes! These custom-manufactured, completely automatic, glass movable walls are exceptionally lightweight and are available in a variety of glass coatings. They provide a high proportion viewing area and incorporate an acoustical seal
Also known as Motorized Wall Systems, Temporary Partition Wall, Glass Folding Partition, Stacking Glass Walls, Demountable Partition Wall, Demountable Wall Systems, Sound Proof Room Dividers, Movable Glass Wall System, Partition Divider Screen, Retractable Glass Walls, Operable Walls Partitions, Acoustical Rating, Modular Partition Walls, Retractable Walls, Retractable Wall Systems, Movable Partitions, Operable Wall, Partition Walls, Folding Room Dividers, Lift Walls, Operable Walls, Panel Room Divider, Glass Wall Systems, Modular Wall System, Folding Partitions, Modular Wall Systems, Folding Walls, Floating Wall Systems.