Introduction to Skyfold retractable glass walls
Skyfold® Custom retractable glass walls are world leaders in retractable glass wall systems because of their state-of-the-art automated design, ease of use and the available customization to suit all of your specific needs. Skyfold® Custom retractable glass walls are the only automatic operable walls in the world that offer high acoustical ratings and fold vertically into the ceiling without manual intervention. Our operable walls use proven tracking and trolley systems to ensure that they stack correctly and close smoothly every time.
Skyfold® retractable glass walls are extremely durable and have no visible hinges or hardware. A wide variety of finishes are available, including clear laminated glass, frosted glass, and more. The frame also has a wide variety of finishes, including Oil Rub Bronze, Sandstone Smooth Matte and more. Skyfold’s retractable glass walls are tested to the highest quality standards during manufacture in order to achieve their maximum life cycle once installed.
What are the benefits of retractable glass walls?
Not only do our retractable glass walls provide architectural contemporary design element to your establishment but they also offer:
Convenient and efficient use of space
- The retractable glass walls fold vertically and store in the ceiling, often an unused space
- Does not use floor space for storage pockets
- Can be installed virtually anywhere…in between beams, around ducts and pipes
Aesthetically pleasing retractable glass walls
- No unsightly floor tracks
- No unsightly side pocket doors
- No visible hinges
Easy and Effective retractable glass walls solutions
- Simple turnkey operation
- No physical effort required
- Retracts quietly and effortlessly into the ceiling
- Cost-Effective and Lightweight
- Modular system that allows for design flexibility
The retractable glass walls retract easily for wide-open views and can be stopped at any point while lifting or descending.
Our reputation in the industry for being one of the top manufacturers in retractable glass walls has been proven. Skyfold has the knowledge and expertise to provide you with nothing but the best quality products. Whether you require retractable glass walls for acoustical effectiveness, visual aesthetics and panel durability, Skyfold Mirage retractable glass walls are designed to last.
Some technical characteristics of the retractable glass walls
The retractable glass walls automatically and acoustically seal against the floor without the need for any manual intervention. The floor seals leave a joint between the floor and the bottom acoustical panels of not more than approximately 2.0” (51mm).
Our exterior retractable glass walls come complete with:
- A built-in infrared safety system
- Multiple electrical locking mechanisms to ensure that the retractable glass walls partition meets the highest forced entry resistance standards
Retractable glass walls are available in a variety of finishes:
- The panel inserts can accept almost any material 1 1/8″ (28.5mm) in thickness
- Our standard glass panel configuration is (air filled) Low E, insulated, clear laminated glass. Other available options are frosted glass, privacy glass, and more.
Our innovative retractable glass walls provide:
- Quite, effortless, turnkey operation – no manual labour is required to use our retractable glass walls
- Rigid wall panels fold vertically into the ceiling for storage saving valuable floor space
- No unsightly side storage pockets are needed for our retractable glass walls
- Each retractable glass walls is custom manufactured
Safety is paramount on all the retractable glass walls.
- The retractable glass walls are operated by two spring return key switches wired in series and operated simultaneously. Hand pressure must be maintained in order to operate the retractable glass walls. When hand pressure is removed, the retractable glass walls immediately stop in a quick and positive fashion without coasting.
- As a normal part of the operation, it is possible to partially open (or close) the retractable glass walls, stop it and then reverse the operation.
- When one of the keys is released, the retractable glass wall stops immediately, without coasting.
- The gear motor that powers the entire retractable glass wall is a heavy-duty, sealed, industrial motor designed for hundreds of stops and starts an hour. It is rated for service several orders of magnitude more rigorous than the service it experiences on a Skyfold retractable glass wall.
- Separate from the gear motor assembly is a closed loop hydraulic checking device powered by the line shaft itself. When the retractable glass walls are travelling downwards, the hydraulic checking device builds up a certain hydraulic pressure that is dependent on wall travel speed. In normal operation, this pressure is very low and this checking device offers no appreciable braking force on the retractable glass walls. If, at any time, the wall speed is substantially greater than normal, this checking device offers sufficient braking force to lower the retractable glass walls at a speed no greater than 150% of normal operating speed.
Skyfold Mirage® are innovative retractable glass walls for interior applications that enables you to reconfigure any room with a simple turnkey operation, often in less than two minutes! These custom-manufactured, completely automatic, retractable glass walls are exceptionally lightweight and are available in a variety of glass coatings. They provide a high proportion viewing area and incorporate an acoustical seal.
Also known as Folding Walls, Folding Partitions, Folding Wall Systems, Folding Room Dividers, Motorized Wall Systems, Temporary Partition Wall, Glass Folding Partition, Stacking Glass Walls, Demountable Partition Wall, Demountable Wall Systems, Sound Proof Room Dividers, Movable Glass Wall System, Partition Divider Screen, Operable Walls Partitions, Acoustical Rating, Operable Wall Systems, Modular Partition Walls, Retractable Walls, Retractable Wall Systems, Movable Partitions, Operable Wall, Partition Walls, Lift Walls, Operable Walls, Panel Room Divider, Glass Wall Systems, Modular Wall System, Modular Wall Systems, Custom Room Dividers, Retractable Walls, Retractable Wall Systems.