Description of floating wall system
The Skyfold floating wall system is available in a wide range of finishes. Skyfold’s exclusive line of floating wall systems provides a unique way to subdivide space. Our custom built wall system is completely automatic and retracts into a ceiling cavity with a simple turnkey operation. Skyfold’s partition is designed for large openings. Our floating wall system meets the most challenging architectural specifications.
At Skyfold our innovative floating wall system is manufactured under strict quality control conditions. Installing a Skyfold wall puts you in command. Create a prosperous office environment with this beautiful floating wall system. Our glass floating wall system option makes excellent use of space and allows natural light into the workplace. Inside offices can now be part of an open environment.
The optional glass floating wall system will revolutionize the way you design and work you’re your space. A simple turnkey operation opens and closes the wall system, no physical effort is required. Since the Skyfold floating wall system is modular you can design your space and system in the most cost efficient way possible.
>Why choose our floating wall system?
Our modern floating wall system will outlast other conventional wall systems. The panels that make up our wall system do not experience the usual wear and tear as they are never handled during operation. The load generated by a Skyfold wall is static and requires less structural steel than a conventional floating wall system because the load does not shift to one end of the building when stored. The floating wall system requires no floor tracks, no wall storage pockets or closets, thereby eliminating the need for unsightly pocket doors. There are no visible hinges on a Skyfold floating wall system.
Safety is paramount on the Skyfold floating wall system.
- It is operated by two spring return key switches wired in series and operated simultaneously. Hand pressure must be maintained in order to operate the floating wall system. When hand pressure is removed, the floating wall system stops immediately in a quick and positive fashion without coasting.
- As a normal part of the operation, it is possible to partially open (or close) the floating wall system, stop it and then reverse the operation.
- When one of the keys is released, the floating wall system stops immediately, without coasting.
- The gear motor that powers the entire floating wall system is a heavy-duty, sealed, industrial motor designed for hundreds of stops and starts an hour. It is rated for service several orders of magnitude more rigorous than the service it experiences on the Skyfold floating wall system.
- Separate from the gear motor assembly is a closed loop hydraulic checking device powered by the line shaft itself. When the floating wall system is traveling downwards, the hydraulic checking device builds up a certain hydraulic pressure that is dependent on the floating wall system’s travel speed. In normal operation, this pressure is very low and this checking device offers no appreciable braking force on the floating wall system. If, at any time, the floating wall system speed is substantially greater than normal, this checking device offers sufficient braking force to lower the floating wall system to a speed no greater than 150% of normal operating speed
Also known as Motorized Wall Systems, Temporary Partition Wall, Glass Folding Partition, Stacking Glass Walls, Demountable Partition Wall, Demountable Wall Systems, Sound Proof Room Dividers, Movable Glass Wall System, Partition Divider Screen, Retractable Glass Walls, Operable Walls Partitions, Acoustical Rating, Operable Wall Systems, Modular Partition Walls, Retractable Walls, Retractable Wall Systems, Movable Partitions, Operable Wall, Partition Walls, Folding Room Dividers, Lift Walls, Operable Walls, Panel Room Divider, Glass Wall Systems, Modular Wall System, Folding Partitions, Modular Wall Systems, Folding Walls.